Nominations for the 2018 VQ Awards are now closed.
The VQ Employer of Year Award recognises employers who promote the value of vocational qualifications in the workplace, and make a real contribution (relative to their size) to improving their skills and national competitiveness. Specifically, applications should demonstrate:
- Evidence that their support for vocational qualifications goes beyond that of their peers – how have they supported learners in achieving vocational qualifications and recognised their success.
- Evidence that vocational qualifications have boosted the performance of their organisation and demonstrated what benefits a highly trained workforce can deliver.
VQ Employer of the Year
To apply for this award the employer must have:
- Actively supported their workforce to gain vocational qualification(s) through an approved centre in Wales between 1 May 2015 and no later than 30 April 2018
Organisations are limited to one entry only i.e. multiple nominations from a single organisation based on sites will not be accepted.
Each nomination should:
- be completed by the employer
- include a supporting statement from a referee, which should be an employee, a learning provider or an industry representative
Nominations for the VQ Employer of the Year award must be received by 12.00 noon British Summer Time (BST) on Monday 5 March 2018. Finalists will be informed by Monday 19 March 2018.
The winner and finalists will be selected from all nominations using the selection criteria. All finalists will be invited to attend the VQ awards ceremony (date and location in Cardiff to be confirmed) where the Wales VQ Employer of the Year 2018 will be announced.