VQ Nominations are now closed for 2019.
The VQ Employer of the Year Award focuses on rewarding employers who invest and promote the value of vocational qualifications in the workplace and make a real contribution to improving the skills of their staff.
The employer will be able to evidence how vocational training has allowed them to build an extremely skilled workforce, increasing national competitiveness and success in return.
To apply for this award the employer must have:
- Actively supported their workforce to gain vocational qualification(s) through an approved centre in Wales.
- Organisations are limited to one entry only i.e. multiple nominations from a single organisation based on sites will not be accepted.
Each nomination should:
- be completed by the employer include a supporting statement from a referee, which should be an employee, a learning provider or an industry representative
Judges will look for:
- Clear links between the vocational qualifications and the strategic goals of the business.
- Effectiveness of the vocational education and training investment in attracting, developing and retaining high performing talent and supporting workforce planning.
- Evidence of how the schemes/programmes support the wider organisation; including endorsement from Board Level/Senior Leadership.
- Measurable evidence that upskilling and use of vocational qualifications has contributed to improved business performance.
Nominations for the VQ Employer of the Year award must be received by 12.00 noon British Summer Time (BST) on Friday 8 March 2019. Finalists will be informed by Thursday 28 March 2019.
The winner and finalists will be selected from all nominations using the judging criteria, and all finalists will be invited to attend the VQ awards ceremony which will take place in the National Museum, Cardff where the Wales VQ Employer of the Year 2019 will be announced.