The VQ Trainer of Year Award aims to recognise the commitment, energy and enthusiasm of individuals who have played a key role in helping learners to develop workplace skills to succeed in their chosen careers and/or overcome barriers to progression in their learning and their work. Specifically, nominations should highlight how the individual has:
- motivated and inspired every learner to achieve their full potential
- gone ‘over and above’ the requirements of the programmes, qualifications or frameworks they deliver, by using tailored or innovative approaches to learning delivery
- committed to their own personal development and that of their organisation
- shared their knowledge and expertise with colleagues to help improve the overall delivery of vocational qualifications
VQ Trainer of the Year
To apply for this award the trainer must have:
- played a key role in delivering vocational qualifications to learners between 1 May 2014 and 30 April 2017
Each nomination should:
- be completed by the employer
- include a supporting statement from a referee which should be a learner, a colleague or an employer representative
- include a personal statement from the nominee
Nominations for the VQ Trainer of the Year awards must be received by 12.00 noon British Summer Time (BST) on Friday 21 April 2017. Finalists will be informed by Monday 8 May 2017.
The winner and finalists will be selected from all nominations using the judging criteria, and all finalists will be invited to attend the VQ awards ceremony in the St David’s Hotel & Spa, Cardiff Bay on Tuesday evening 6 June 2017 where the Wales VQ Trainer of the Year 2017 will be announced.