The VQ Trainer of the Year Award seeks to reward the individual whose passion, knowledge and skills are creating imaginative, challenging and supportive vocational learning opportunities for learners.
The trainer will be able to demonstrate their passion for vocational training, their commitment and achievement in their own teaching journey and professional development (evidencing upskilling undertaken and how their knowledge and skills remains current).
Each nomination should:
- be completed by the employer
- include a supporting statement from a learner
- include a personal statement from the nominee
Judges will look for:
- Evidence that the trainer is excelling in their vocational role, demonstrating a quality approach through personal values and working practices.
- Evidence that the trainer has kept up to date with industry knowledge, vocational subject expertise and current research, and applied the lessons from this to deliver excellent teaching/training and assessment.
- Evidence that the trainer is building bridges between employers, learning providers and learners to enrich vocational learning provision.
- Evidence how they share their knowledge and expertise with colleagues to help improve the overall delivery of vocational qualifications in their workplace.
Nominations for the VQ Trainer of the Year award must be received by 12.00 noon British Summer Time (BST) on Friday 8 March 2019. Finalists will be informed by Thursday 28 March 2019.
The winner and finalists will be selected from all nominations using the judging criteria, and all finalists will be invited to attend the VQ awards ceremony which will take place in the National Museum, Cardff where the Wales VQ Trainer of the Year 2019 will be announced.